WMD home
dec home > wmd home > RCRA home > EPA ID#
Hazardous Waste   Management
    Education & Outreach
    EPA ID# Information & Notification
    Facility Permitting
    Manifests & Taxes
    Forms & Publications
    Regulations, Statutes & Procedures
    Waste Transporter   Permitting
Business Waste   Reduction
Construction Waste   Reduction
Household Hazardous   Waste
Mercury Information
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Sites Management
Solid Waste
Underground Storage   Tanks

Hazardous Waste Management Program
EPA ID #s Information and Notification


Click <here> for Hazardous Waste Generator Registration Fee Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)!


All hazardous waste handlers, including anyone who generates hazardous wastes, transports hazardous waste, or operates a treatment/storage/disposal facility for hazardous waste, are required by the Vermont Hazardous Waste Management Regulations (VHWMR) to notify the Department of Environmental Conservation and receive an EPA ID Number for their site. Completion of the Hazardous Waste Handler Site ID Form fulfills this requirement. Other Activities for which completion of this form is required include the management of used oil, and management of 5000 kg (11,000 lbs.) or more of combined universal waste on-site at any one time, and recycling of hazardous waste. Click on the links below to download PDF versions of the form and instructions and other documents that may assist you in completing the form.

Vermont Hazardous Waste Handler Site ID Form *Updated
•Instructions for Vermont Hazardous Waste Handler Site ID Form *Coming Soon!
Sample VT Hazardous Waste Handler Site ID Form
Hazardous Waste Generator Status Comparison Table

Once you return the form to the Waste Management Division, your new EPA ID number will be mailed to you.


Note: The Hazardous Waste Handler Site ID form replaces the Vermont Notification of Regulated Waste Activity and should be used in Vermont in place of EPA Form 8700-12.

To find out if your site already has an EPA ID number, you can search using the DEC's Waste Management Identification Tool.  This tool provide the public to access to up-to-date environmental information on property specific information concerning contaminated groundwater sites, hazardous materials spills, and regulated underground storage tanks facilities located in Vermont.

Click Here:

If you think you many need a temporary ID number, go to Manifests & Taxes page

* Documents in PDF format can be viewed on screen, searched and printed. They require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. The reader is available for free from Adobe Corporation web site


Updated: March 2013




VT DEC Waste Management & Prevention Division 1 National Life Drive - Davis 1  Montpelier, VT  05620-3704  Tele: 802-828-1138  Fax: 802-828-1011


State of Vermont Agencies & Depts.     Access Government 24/7     About Vermont.Gov     Privacy Policy    Ask a State Librarian a ?

A Vermont Government Website Copyright 2003 State of Vermont - All rights reserved