aqcd home
laws & regulations
air quality data
dec home > aqcd home > permitting > construct
    Construction Permits
    Operating Permits
    Open Burning
    Related Permitting Links
    APC Permitting Handbook
  Air Division Pages:
What's New?
Laws & Regulations
Related Air Links
  AQCD Section Pages:
Air Toxics
Mobile Sources

Air Quality & Climate Division Permits to "Construct"

Many human activities cause some level of air pollution. Air Quality & Climate Division permits are required to make sure the activities will comply with regulations and outdoor air quality standards designed to protect public health and welfare. The Permitting & Engineering Section issues permits to regulate activities that have the potential to generate air pollutant releases to the outside air. Construction permits are required before a project can be installed, constructed or modified. Some common regulated activities in Vermont include: wood products industries, rock and gravel crushing operations, large fuel burning equipment, surface coating operations (such as spray painting), incinerators, and industrial processes involving the application of plastics, rubbers, and resins.


List of available documents [in Portable Document Format (PDF) unless otherwise noted]:

  1. Construction Permit Application Requirements - New or Modified Stationary Sources

  2. Permit Application Guidance for Crematories

  3. Certification of Information Accuracy and Consent for Access to Property Form

  4. Transfer of Ownership Permit Application Form

  5. Transfer of Ownership Permit Application Form

  6. Permit Application Fee Schedule

  7. Air Quality Impact Evaluation - Ambient Background Values

For Online Copy of Applications and Draft Permits for Major NSR Construction Permits Click Here



VT DEC Air Quality & Climate Division Davis Building 2nd Floor, 1 National Life Drive   Montpelier, VT  05620-3802  Tele: 802-828-1288 Fax: 802-828-1250

State of Vermont Agencies & Depts.     Access Government 24/7     About Vermont.Gov     Privacy Policy    Ask a State Librarian a ?

A Vermont Government Website Copyright 2003 State of Vermont - All rights reserved