When Governments Cooperate - State Government Municipal Day
A Day of Workshops for Vermont's Local Officials
Thursday November 13, 2014
Our Second Municipal Day
National Life Buildings, Montpelier, VT
Thanks to everyone who attended State Government Municipal Day November 2014!
Please see the links below to the information that was presented on State Government Municipal Day, held on November 13, 2014 at the ANR, VTrans and ACCD offices in the National Life buildings in Montpelier, VT. The links to the documents are organized by workshop session as presented on that day.
The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources (ANR), in cooperation with the Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans) and the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD),sponsored When Governments Cooperate: State Government Municipal Day at the National Life Building in Montpelier, VT on Thursday, November 13, 2014.
When Governments Cooperate: State Government Municipal Day is an annual all-day event that includes poster presentations, workshops, technical assistance and the opportunity to engage with Agency staff members and municipal colleagues from across the state. Space is limited and on-line pre-registration is required.
The day begins with coffee and poster presentations followed by a kick-off plenary session. The plenary session includes remarks by Agency leadership for ANR, ACCD and VTrans where you'll hear about the upcoming issues and opportunities we see for municipalities.
Workshop sessions run during the morning and afternoon. You must pre-register for workshops. The registration fee includes morning coffee and a buffet-style lunch by the New England Culinary Institute at the National Life cafeteria.
|State Government Municipal Day Agenda: November 13, 2014
Please click the links below to see the
8:00 - 10:00 am -
Registration, Coffee & Poster Presentations in cafeteria
Plenary Remarks by Agency Leadership at 9:00 am
10:00 - 11:30 am - Click for Workshop Session 1 PRESENTATION DOCUMENTS
1a. Vermont's Ecology & Environment: An Introduction to Town Planning for Natural Resources (Part 1 of 4)
2. Building Strong Communities (Part 1 of 2): Tools You Can Use
3. Road Ready: Are You Prepared for the Storm?
4. Low Impact Development (LID) and Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI): Innovative Solutions to Stormwater Woes
5. Avoiding Common Mistakes: The Most Common Municipal Violations of DEC's Permit Programs and How to Avoid Them
6. In the Computer Lab: ANR's Natural Resources Atlas
11:30 - 12:45 pm - Buffet Lunch in the National Life cafeteria
12:45 - 1:45 pm - Click for Workshop Session 2 PRESENTATION DOCUMENTS
1b. Vermont's Ecology & Environment: An Introduction to Town Planning for Natural Resources (Part 2 of 4)
7. Building Strong Communities (Part 2 of 2): Putting the Tools to Work
8. Technical Assistance and Grant Opportunities from VTrans' Highway Division
9. Flood Resilience (Part 1 of 2): What You Need to Know About Emergency In-stream Work
10. Town Forests Enrich Communities: Learn What They Can Do for You!
11. How to Handle Unwanted Visitors: Local Approaches to Managing Invasive Species
12. In the Computer Lab: ANR's Natural Resources Atlas
2:00 - 3:00 pm - Click for Workshop Session 3 PRESENTATION DOCUMENTS
1c. Vermont's Ecology & Environment: An Introduction to Town Planning for Natural Resources (Part 3 of 4)
13. Flood Resilience (Part 2 of 2): Municipal Planning and Tools
14. A Multi-Agency Introduction to Municipal Involvement in Act 250
15. Managing Roads: Best Practices to Maintain Infrastructure, Protect Water Quality, Enhance Safety and Save Money
16. Manage your Greatest Assets: Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Infrastructure
17. Natural Resource Inventories: Forest Blocks, Wildlife Corridors, Natural Communities, and Rare Species!
18. In the Computer Lab: ANR's Natural Resources Atlas
3:15 - 4:15 pm - Click for Workshop Session 4 PRESENTATION DOCUMENTS
1d. Vermont's Ecology & Environment: An Introduction to Town Planning for Natural Resources (Part 4 of 4)
19. A Multi-Agency Introduction to Municipal Involvement in Section 248
20. Next Steps for Vermont's Universal Recycling Law: Pricing and Pick-Up
21. Do your Part, Be SepticSmart!
22. Where Land and Water Meet: Wetland and Shoreland Regulations
For more information, please contact:
Penny Percival, Agency of Natural Resources